Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Spiced Cauliflower soup.

Oh I have just been so so busy the last week. My house is a mess and I'm just exhausted! I feel like the only time I have been home in the last 7 days is when im asleep.
I have a day off tomorrow and I finished work early this afternoon so I can do a bunch of cooking and blogging which im happy about.
I didn't really see Vegan mofo off with a bang which is annoying but I just did not have time!!

I made soup for dinner tonight because cauli is super cheap again.



Spiced Cauliflower soup

Ingredients:
1 Head of Cauliflower
2 Small onions
3 Cloves of garlic
1 big glug of agave
Vegetable stock
Sea salt
Cummin
Cinnamon
Allspice
Nigella seed
Fenugreek
Clove
Cardamon
Chilli
Tumeric
Black pepper


Method:
In a large saucepan place chopped onions and garlic with a little oil. Fry on a low heat until transparent.
Add the ground spices and cook off until fragrant.
Chop the Cauliflower roughly and add to the pot. Cover with vegetable stock and simmer.
When the cauli is soft and falling apart, blend until smooth and creamy. Add agave and season to taste.
Finish with coconut flakes or almond flakes.


I also made garlic roti but it got to dark to photograph it. I would love a good lighting rig so I could take photos anytime instead of relying on sun light. one day :)







I just pulled some banana coconut bread out of the oven so I can blog about that tomorrow. It tastes sooooo good!



XXX












1 comment:

  1. Ooh this looks lovely, I love cauliflower soup.

    ReplyDelete