Pages

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Sweet potato and coconut flour gnocchi with hazelnut and basil pesto.

I worked in the kitchen today and I made the most delicious slice!! It was chocolate and coconut with salted chocolate glaze. I sold every last piece and I was very proud. :)
I will post the recipe for the slice soon.

I finally made gnocchi and boy was it yummy. I will post the recipe for the pesto tonight and then the gnocchi tomorrow.


Heres what I ate today:

Tuesday
Just played an awesome game of netball. We lost but it was still a great game.

Breakfast:
Rice bubbles with rice milk and stevia
Peppermint tea

Snack:
Half an apple
English breakfast tea

Lunch:
Thai salad with avocado, corn and beetroot
Chocolate coconut slice

Snack:
Soy coffee
Tiny slice of fruit toast
Home made hummus and rice crackers

Dinner:
Sweet potato gnocchi with hazelnut and basil pesto. MmmmmMmmmmMmmm



Basil and Hazelnut Pesto

Ingredients:
1 Bunch of basil
1 handful of hazelnuts
1/2 handful of pine-nuts
1 clove of garlic
1/2 a lemon juiced
Vegan parmesan or savoury yeast flakes to taste
Salt
Good quality Extra virgin olive oil

Method:
Crush nuts in morter and pessel. Add chopped garlic and pound until paste.
Add the basil and continue to pound until it is a smooth paste. Add the lemon, parmesan and salt.
Use olive oil to loosen the pesto, add a little water if you need to.











No comments:

Post a Comment