Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Chilli!!

I have a new obsession now and its Chipotle. I had dinner at a friends the other night and I tried chipotle sauce and its just toooo tasty.
I also found these canned Chipotles in Adobo sauce and they are just amazingly smoky and savory.




I made this chilli using all my fav new ingredients!

Chilli con Carne

1 can refried bean
2 cans mixed beans
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
Half can Chipotles in Adobo
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can water
1 tsp vegan beef stock
2 Tablespoons Smoked paprika
1 Tablespoon hot paprika
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon of ground coriander
2 tsp cayenne
1 Tablespoon vegan worcestershire sauce
Cup red wine
Salt and pepper



In a large pot, sauté diced onions and garlic in olive oil for 5-10 mins on low heat.

Look at my beautiful knife!! Its a Japanese brand Kasumi!  


Add tomato paste and stir.
Pour in wine and cook off for about 3 mins, scraping the bottom of the pan.
Add spices and finely chopped chipotles and stir.
Stir in your tinned tomatoes, water (with stock mixed in), beans and refried beans and stir really well making sure you break up all the refried beans.
Add your worcestershire and season well. Simmer on low heat until your desired thickness is achieved. I like it really thick and rich so i leave mine simmer for a few hours.







Serve on brown rice, in tacos or burritos with Guacamole and extra chipotle sauce and Chilli :)




No comments:

Post a Comment