Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Spiced almond milk ice coffee-Vegan MOFO

Just a quick one today as I have to get ready for netball in a minute.

Here is another addition to "Things I made in My new Vitamix"

I have been making these ice coffees since trying to recreate a combination of my two favourite drinks that I buy from shops around my house. One is a chocolate protein smoothie, the other a spiced milk. The result is this super creamy, sweet drink with a mean coffee kick!

So the recipe starts with this recipe for home made almond milk.




Spiced almond milk, ice coffee 

Ingredients:

1 litre home made almond milk, see recipe above 
3 Tablespoons instant coffee granules 
6 pitted mejool dates 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1/4 cup raw cacao powder 
2 Tablespoons maca powder (optional)
2 teaspoons cinammon 
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom 

Method:

Place all ingredients in your extreme blender (aka vitamix) and blend until super smooth with no lumps. Chill and serve over ice.



If you feel like adding some protein, a scoop of chocolate rice protein would work a treat! 
I have also tried adding avocado and it make it super rich and smooth!




How good do my succulents look? They were all dormant for about 4 months and now the sun has come out for a day or two and they have just shot up! So excited for the summer!


Have an awesome week! xxx


2 comments: