Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

Spiced Beetroot Dip

Beetroot are so unbelievably sweet at the moment so I thought beetroot dip would be the best thing to showcase these little beauties.
These particular beets were so sweet I had to add lots more lemon and salt than I normally would just to balance out the flavours!



Spiced Beetroot Dip

Ingredients:

3 large beetroot
1 large clove of garlic 
1 lemon, juiced 
2 Teaspoons ground cummin seed
2 Tablespoons of Tahini 
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Salt to tast 
About 1/4 cup olive oil

Method:
Bake, peeled beetroot in a moderate oven until soft when poked with a fork. (about 35 minutes) 
Combine all ingredients including the beetroot in a food processor and blend until a good 'dip' texture. 
Refrigerate and serve with crackers.

Note: I made this with very sweet beetroot that were perfectly in season so adjust the lemon according to taste. 


 I promise I didn't mess with the colours between these two photos.
 Look at the difference. I think it must have been the beets oxidising after i blended them.  WEIRD!


I usually get a really upset stomach when I eat beetroot. Like really upset. Once after eating it I though my appendix were about to rupture. I have read a bit online about it and apparently its not that uncommon for it to affect the stomach. Anyone else get this when they eat it?

I find it hard to resist though so I just put up with the pain! ;)



xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment