Pages

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Almond Peppermint patties

I had a kitchen disaster the other day.
I made chocolate mayonaise cupcakes!!!
It sounds very weird and well... it was but I didn't come up with it. I followed a recipe I promise.
I used a vegan mayo I found in the supermarket and some weird chemical reaction happened and
they were like a ball of rubber!! hahah I think you could even bounce them off the floor.
You really have no idea how many kitchen stuff ups I have.

These peppermint patties were not a disaster, they were amazing!




Almond peppermint patties


Ingredients:
1 cup of raw almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons peppermint essence (depending on how strong the brand is)
100 g dark vegan chocolate
1 Tablespoon coconut oil extra
Mint leaves for decoration

Method:
Soak almonds in cold water for at least 2 hours (more time if you have it.)
Drain almonds and blend in a blender till sandy texture. (I have a specific nut attachment on my food processor and it was totally easy to do in that)
Add coconut and sugar and blend.
When the almonds, coconut and sugar are well combined, add 1/4 cup coconut oil and peppermint essence and blend.
Mixture should now hold together well if squeezed.
Roll into balls and flatten into small disks. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate and coconut oil and dunk cooled almonds disk and place on grease proof paper.
Place a mint leaf on each pattie while chocolate is still wet.
Refrigerate for at least an hour.



This is pre- chocolating! 



This is during chocolating



 I remember eating peppermint crisp biscuits when I was a kid. I absolutely loved the cheapo home brand ones that were about $1 a pack.
I woudlMake myself a cup or super sweet, milky tea and dunk those bad boys in!
I haven't eaten one since becoming vegan until eating one of these this afternoon.
These were deelish!





Post chocolating!!






xxxx

1 comment: