Pages

Saturday 23 November 2013

Rharberrie and Strewbarb!!

I mixed up strawberry and Rhubarb and it was pretty funny!

We went to the market today! It really is my favourite day of the week. We took our newly acquired granny trolley and found plenty of bargains.
My favourite was definitely the rhubarb. As soon as I asked the man to remover the leaves i regretted it as it would have made for beautiful photos.
 Anyway... I bought 2 bunches of strawberries aswell so I thought I would stew them with orange and rose!


Rose flavoured anything is amazing but so perfectly subtle in this recipe. It has such a gentle, feminine effect that I know lots of people cannot stand but personally that aroma is just so so pleasing to me.
It really only takes about 15 minutes for the rhubarb to become soft so make sure you don't over cook it. It is nice with a little bit of bite.


Stewed Strawberries and Rhubarb

Ingredients:
1 Large bunch of Rhubarb
1 punnet of ripe strawberries
Rind and juice of one orange
1 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups orange juice
2 teaspoons of rose water

Method:
Clean and cut fruit and place in large pan. Cover with orange juice and sugar. Add remaining ingredients and cook over a low heat until fruit is soft but not completely falling apart.
Serve as is with coconut yoghurt or non dairy ice-cream.
I served mine with Coconut chia pudding!





Coconut chia pudding

Ingredients:
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 can coconut cream
1 Tablespoon agave
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Method:
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Refrigerate for at least an hour to set.










xxx


2 comments:

  1. is there any replacements for agave? maple syrup maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah totally use maple or stevia liquid. Any sweetener would do. Use a bit of sugar if you like!

      Delete