Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Sweet Potato with hazelnuts

My Mum made this for me when I visited at Christmas time last year.
Its not really a salad because there are only two main ingredients but I guess salad isn't exclusive to more than two ingredients is it?

Its a really weird but good combination. Hazelnuts are definitely not one of my favourite nuts but in this they are great. 






Sweet potato and hazelnut salad

Ingredients:
1kg sweet potato
1/2 cup hazelnuts

Dressing
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar

Method:
Peel and chop sweet potato into chunks and roast with a little oil until tender but not squishy.
If hazelnuts are not peeled place in hot over for about 10 mins and rub the skin off in a tea towel. If they are peeled just fry them in a dry pan until golden.
Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
Toss sweet potato, hazelnuts and dressing well add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately.








This photo is one of my favourites I have taken. I just love that piece of parsley sitting agains the plate. Looks like it is meant to be there :)

xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment