Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Granola.

Granola is something that I have wanted to make for my entire life. I LOVE IT!
I order it when I go out for breakfast all the time. Its just so crunchy and sweet and salty and perfect!
The only reason I haven't made it before is because I thought it would be expensive as there are sooooo many ingredients.
While shopping at the Asian grocer the other day I noticed that they had all the ingredients I needed and they were really cheap. I was very excited to say the least.





I think everyone likes different things in their cereal so this is just what I put in mine but feel free to add anything that takes your fancy! I won't even add amounts because its all about how much you like.


Granola

Ingredients:

Hazelnuts
Almonds
Pepitas
Dates
Rolled oat
Coconut flakes

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch of salt

Method:
Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees
Melt coconut oil. Add salt and maple then stir well. Pour over dry ingredients and stir well. Bake in oven for about 40 mins or until brown. Dates do burn as they have so much sugar so be careful. Granola will not be crunchy until cool.














xxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Granola is my go-to breakfast at the moment. I put tahini in mine as the oily ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tahini!! mmmm
      I burnt mine a little but its still deeelish!

      x
      Rhi

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love granola. I've started using coconut in mine, too. It adds a great flavor! I just made a banana granola and it was out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my banana! How did you make it? did you use banana chips??
      im going to make a ginger nut one next time.
      Granola is way more exciting than its sounds.

      x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete