Pages

Friday 19 July 2013

Cauliflower Soup!

Cauliflower is so cheap right now. Like $1 each! Pumpkin is also cheap and soooo sweet. Just perfect for soup. I have made 2 batches of pumpkin and one of cauliflower in the last week.
I have never made cauli soup before but it was great!!





I put my Dad's favourite mustard (epicure) in it too and it was just right. It really cut through the creaminess of the cauli.
My parents live in W.A and they cant get epicure mustard over there so whenever I visit I have to pack my suitcase full. Last time I took 6 jars.

Ingredients:
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 head cauliflower
Vegetable stock
2 Tablespoons French mustard (I used epicure)
Salt and pepper to taste


Method:
In a large sauce pan, sauté onions and garlic in a little olive oil until transparent.
Cut the cauli in to florets and place in the pan with the onions and garlic.
Cover the cauli with stock and simmer for about an hour or until cauliflower breaks up and becomes very soft.
Blend up the soup with a bamix or blender and add the mustard. Make sure the mustard is well combined. Salt and pepper to taste!







xxx

2 comments:

  1. oh yummy! can't get enough delicious soups right now, Def gonna make that next week :)

    ReplyDelete